Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Vignette--you light up my life!


Spring is here!!
I think anyways...it was icy cold last night but I see buds on the trees and the recent time change made the days sooooooo much longer...so I am going with it!
Anyways, I miss spring flowers so I thought I'd post about a little vignette I put together in my kitchen over the summer. I love the use of light in dark corners & I especially love being able to throw in some wild flowers (plus my rooster--he worked with my discontinued gold Waverly toile curtain fabric--which I love).

Yes--I love toile--I probably always will--so sue me! I really don't care if it isn't the "in" thing right now--it is "my" thing and it makes me happy ;)
I admit I am not rooster crazy but being in the country--he fits right in. I had an ironstone platter which I used as a tray to keep the grouping together--ta-da!


A dark corner with a purpose.
Sorry no before picture. You can use your imagination...
super boring, useless, dark corner.


Now...a cute, bright, corner vignette.
Here it is again...

You my have noticed something (other than those wretched terra cotta countertops)...waiting...tick-tock tick-tock.....ok I'll give you a hint....NO cords. Admittedly, yes, they are in fact there but I have Adobe Photoshop...it is a handy piece of software. It erases many a faux pas so I can pretend there are no cords, only a cute spring vignette. Simple but effective.

Cynthia


2 comments: