Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Snackers---Leftovers turned tasty Quesadilla

Got leftovers?? 

Well we do...we always do. Such is the life when you have 3 kids who eat like birds. So do I throw away the leftovers from their meals...heck no!! I recycle them. Oh I know that sounds a tad icky gross but it is not as bad as you might think. I get soooooo frustrated when we bring home the Colonel and his tasty fried chicken and the kids eat 1/2 of a piece and leave the rest!! 
Try to serve that 1/2 piece later in the day and you'd think you just put a dead mouse on their plate...."EWWWWWWW!!!! Who ate 1/2 this chicken leg Mom???"....um you did my little carnivore. *Sigh* Like I said, I hate to waste good moolah on perfectly good food....
So........
Enter the leftover chicken & cheese ranch style quesadilla
Yes...my cutting board is clean I just finished chopping up the Colonel's famous left-over chicken.
Slap (spread thinly) some Ranch dressing on one side of a soft tortilla. For you low carbers like me, use a cardboard, um low carb, flatbread...
add thinly sliced chicken, then add some grated cheese, if you can get some diced chives in there go for it!!
  Put another tortilla shell on the top and bake in oven at 375 degrees F for 10 mins. Let cool for 1 minute and then use a pizza cutting tool to cut into 4 wedges....serve with favorite side dish and some sour cream. I love tarragon with chicken so I added some to my sour cream. It is best if you let it chill in the sour cream for 1hr.
Serve.

Now sit back and hide your smug little smile as your children eat their leftovers and actually enjoy them.


Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment