Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free!!


Today I celebrate the first day of my life as a "blogger"...Ok the only person really excited about this is me...and maybe my long time friend from waaaaaaaaay back. She inspired me to do this (thanks Jen :0* kisses) and to be honest I need a place to download.


I am also doing this is to take a break now and then from my 3 beloved and half-naked-running-around-painting-the-walls-with-"washable" (argh!)-fingerpaints-and-screaming-yet-delightful children 
 Partners in crime those 2 girls of mine
Yeah baby! Welcome to my world...
I realize my house sounds like a zoo really it isn't so bad, I love 'em!! 
I just wanted an outlet to share my love of decorating. Deal hunting. Thrifting. Bargain chasing. Treasure (junk) collecting. You get the idea here.
If you think it is a sport--it is--and I take it as seriously as most men do football or hockey...get outta my way...I see a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!


I love...really Lo-o-o-Ve...finding screamin', smokin', insanely great golly good bargains!!!
Like these cute little wall mounted curtain holders thingy-ma-whosits.
I think I paid $1.00 for them and they are darn cute and will look sooooo adorable holding back this toile fabric I bought for under $1.99 a yard.
It will be used to make some curtains for the girl's room.
 


My little grandma is the Queen of Thrift (miss you grandma *sniff* hope to come visit soon) and she is always finding amazing deals on things and re-creating someone's crapola into a thing of beauty. I guess I have her genes for thrifting!!


I also have a whole garage FULL of other people's crapola and I fully intend to turn every piece into something to be proud of...I know my husband is rooting for me here!
And you thought I was just kiddin' when I  said FULL...Ok point made...quickly move past this picture...it is a scary sight...


We recently moved to a great big (old) house in the countryside in NY and I must say I do love it out here! The rolling hills, the quaint villages, the pizza...the only thing driving me a tad batty is all the rooms I now need to decorate. ALL the rooms need to be done. Not one is even a bit ok...no not one!! Even the windows need a good cleaning (just pretend you didn't notice it in the pics) so I figure in my many hours of spare time (HA!) I will give them all a good scrub...um probably no! Anyways...I am the type of person that sees a room and all my gazillion projects completed and it hurts my head not to have it done, like right now!
I must have 5,012 projects all sitting on the back-burner (translated my garage) crying out for attention. But alas, they will all have to wait.


For now I have chosen to look around me and find little touches of simple beauty all given to us for free.
Free!!!!

We have an abundance of wild flowers here and I love their simplicity and their beauty. I used a tiny sundae cup & a vintage vase to bring them indoors...I think they smell as nice as they look!



Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to watch your new blog unfold as you write about the adventures of decorating your new home. Now I can feel like I am at your house with you... can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord, the painted faces...I remember "washable" paints!

    Thanks for the invitation to pop in. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete